A Content Management System help you manage, modify and publish your website content and layout without requiring any extensive knowledge of coding. The content can be includes text and embedded images, video, audio, maps and product descriptions and other basics web design aspects of the site.
A content management application is the front-end use, even with limited expertise, to add, modify and remove content from a website without the intervention of a webmaster.
Content management systems provides the following feature:
– SEO friendly URLs
– Modularity and extensibility
– User and group functionality
– Templating support for changing designs
CMS have some advantages also as below:
– Reduce need to code from scratch
– Easy to create a unified look and feel
– Version control
– Edit permission management